he Bellows Transition Fitting provides secure yet flexible, fully contained SAFE-Tank® bottom discharge. A PTFE expansion joint is incorporated to allow the tank to expand and contract freely during loading and unloading. This fitting virtually eliminates damage from piping vibrations caused by pumps.
All of the pressure-tested internal components of the fitting come to you pre-assembled and ready to install. Please follow the four videos here that outline the Bellows Transition Fitting Installation steps.
Prepare for Installation
Lay out the parts. Check
- Internal Assembly
- 2 Sets of Split Rings
Gather tools needed for installation:
- Ratchet Wrenches
- Torque Wrenche
- Channel Locks
- Anti-seize for bolts
Now, you’re ready to begin the assembly of the transition fitting.
- Remove the alignment sleeve from the tank.
- Loosen and remove the two nuts holding the alignment sleeve on the tank.
- Pull the alignment sleeve from the tank
- Check bolt torque on the four tank bolts. Set to 20 foot lbs.
- Dry fit the assembly. Cut the ends of the pipe to fit accordingly.
- Install the assembly. Primer and glue the nipple and coupler. Position and install with a quarter turn.
Final installation steps
- Wait 24 hours for glue to set on assembly.
- While glue sets, plug end of fitting. Perform a 24 hour hydro-test on tank to check for any leaks.
- Install the inner Bellows Fitting (Tank side)
- Attach the gasket to the tank
- Slide the Bellows assembly sleeve onto tank bolts
- Install the larger set of split rings. Attach one nut to hold into place. Always remember to use anti-seize on all nuts and bolts.
- A flat washer, lock washer, and nut are used to attach.
4. Install the plate end of the transition fitting.
- Remove the nut from bulkhead. Leave the gasket in place to seal internally.
- Add the gasket and the plate. Attach the smaller set of split rings.
- Torque check all nuts to 10 foot lbs.
5. Install the nut on bulkhead. It is reverse threaded. Hand tighten, then 1/4 turn with channel locks.
6. Finally, add nubs to all bolts/nuts for safety.