Poly Processing is introducing a new, stronger-than-ever chemical tank pad called PolyBase that’s engineered to handle more pressure and larger tanks. We have always manufactured rotationally molded PolyBase systems for our IMFO® Tanks, and now we’re offering an innovative structural foam-based IMFO PolyBase option.
Tough Materials for a Tough Pad
A typical rotationally molded PolyBase pad from us is rated at 12psi, while this new foam PolyBase is rated at 48 psi—providing four times the service factor as our standard plastic PolyBase.
A 4mm plywood underlayment contains a 4lb core of polyurethane support foam, while a polyurea coating provides weather and moisture protection. The moisture-proof and chemical-resistant barrier eliminates corrosive properties that can lead to corrosion under insulation (CUI).
The PolyBase is compatible with nearly every chemical that our cross-linked polyethylene tanks can handle—including the heavy and corrosive chemical, sulfuric acid.
What Does the New PolyBase Give You?
The foam PolyBase gives you the following advantages in your chemical storage application:
- Portable/non-permanent—Place the PolyBase anywhere you need to, without installing a permanent structure. You can move the PolyBase wherever you move the tank.
- Time savings—The PolyBase is a set-in-place product. No major construction is needed for installation.
- Turnkey—Ships with the tank and is factory-fitted before it leaves our facility.
- Cost-effective—Save money over permanent concrete structures that require earthwork, engineering and costly concrete work.
- Total support—Seamless design ensures that the entire tank bottom is fully supported. No high or low spots to cause premature issues with the tank floor.
- Chemically resistant—The PolyBase is engineered to be chemically resistant with the product you’re storing.
- Easy setup and installation—The PolyBase is delivered with the tank. It’s light enough to move and set in place without heavy equipment.
Tougher Than a Tractor
Our new PolyBase is virtually indestructible. We performed destructive testing on the PolyBase to verify that they would hold up under the most rigorous conditions. We started with impact testing the PolyBase with a 5-pound sledge hammer. The PolyBase was unaffected during this test.
We then performed two drop tests—one with a flat fall and one that impacted the edge of the PolyBase. These tests show that the new PolyBase will withstand handling and installation in the toughest situations.
Finally, we performed a crush test to determine the strength of the PolyBase under significant stress. We drove a tractor over the PolyBase, exerting approximately 8500 pounds per square foot. Although there was a temporary deformation on the sidewall, the PolyBase came back to its original shape and passed this punishing test.
Tank Pads That Support Your Needs
Several new PolyBase systems are already installed in the field and are providing ideal support and performance. If your chemical storage application calls for a large IMFO Tank or a highly corrosive chemical, the new PolyBase system may be your best solution.
Talk to one of our tank specialists today to see if our new pad is best for your specific needs.