Maintaining the proper temperature of a chemical inside a SAFE-Tank® double wall tank is often critical to safe storage. For example, sodium hydroxide at a 50 percent concentration will start to crystallize at lower temperatures. For polyethylene chemical storage tanks, heating pads and insulation can maintain the specific temperature of the chemical you’re storing—even when your chemical tank is exposed to low air temperatures.
Poly Processing’s chemical tank heating system consists of tank heating pads and a temperature controller with thermostat. The quantity and size of the silicone heating pads depends on the size of the tank, the required chemical temperature, and ambient environmental conditions.
To give you one of the most reliable temperature control systems in the industry, Poly Processing provides a state-of-the-art heating controller for your chemical storage tank.
The SAFE-Tank System is a double wall tank that safely stores a wide variety of chemicals without an expensive permanent containment, such as a concrete basin or vessel. This makes it easier to change industrial applications at any time without the expense of additional chemical containment structures.
Poly Processing Company, along with our heat maintenance system suppliers, has designed a heating system for our SAFE-Tank product line. The heat pads and controller are installed on the outside of the secondary containment tank. We have oversized the SAFE-Tank Heater Systems compared to our standard single-wall tanks. This calculates for the interstitial space as well. The rest of the tank heating controller and product features are the same as our single-wall system.
The Digital 2XTC Tank Heating Controller
The 2XTC Tank Heating Controller is the one of the most complete and versatile tank heating controllers in existence. It is specifically designed for heating systems that need process temperature control with high limit temperature protection. And as a digital controller, it provides significant advantages over standard analog boxes.
SPX Tank Heating Systems are designed for temperature maintenance on Poly Processing’s polyethylene tanks. SPX Tank Heating Systems maintain the desired product temperature, not to exceed 100F. Each heating system consists of tank heating pad(s) and a temperature controller. The controller comes in a NEMA4X/IP66 polycarbonate enclosure so that it can be safely used indoors or outdoors.
The heating controller is convenient to monitor, whether you’re up close or away from the chemical storage tank. High-visibility LED lights indicate the process sensor temperature, over-limit sensor temperature, and heater current using a simple settings menu. Alarms and system status can be paired with remote monitoring systems, so you can monitor the temperature or current to make sure they haven't gone out of acceptable range. Two controllers may be used for larger tanks or for redundant systems if necessary.
The 2XTC heating controller comes with industry-leading features that other systems don’t match, including:
- Process temperature control with high-limit protection
- 100-277 VAC, 50/60 HZ, 30A
- Use with up to 6 SPX heating pads
- Simple operation and customizable presets
- High temperature, low temperature, and low current alarms
- Alarm contact for communication with customer systems (NO or NC, selectable)
- NEMA4X, IP66, polycarbonate enclosure
- 4-20mA retransmission output
- Two RTDs (resistance temperature detectors/thermometer)
- cETLus-approved for use in the USA and Canada
The Digital Advantage
The 2XTC is a digital heating controller, which provides important advantages over other double wall tanks that are still using analog controllers:
- Digital temperature reading replaces hard-to-read analog dials.
- High and low temperature limits can be reset in seconds by pushing a couple buttons. No need to unscrew and replace control dials with preset locks.
- 4-20mA retransmission output allows you to use remote monitoring.
- A single digital box can handle either 120V or 240V. Analog systems require a different box for each.
- The control system is on the outside of the containment tank.
When it comes to protecting your stored chemicals in a SAFE-Tank from low temperatures and overheating, it's tough to do better than the digital heating controller that Poly Processing provides. HTD Heat Trace’s 2XTC is the one of best controllers in the industry, giving you peace of mind that your chemicals are within the proper temperature range.