For over 50 years, Poly Processing has been the industry leader in chemical storage tank innovation and manufacturing. Poly Processing has a lineup of six 13'- 9" diameter tanks. These tanks include the Vertical Tank, the IMFO® (Integrally Molded Flanged Outlet) Tank and the Sloped-bottom IMFO Tank. These tanks represent the best engineering and design in the tank manufacturing industry, and they are covered under PPC’s industry-leading warranty.
These are the largest cross-linked polyethylene tanks manufactured for chemical storage. These tanks live up to the same standard of robustness that you’ve come to expect of Poly Processing tanks. When you combine the best cross-linked resin available with state-of-the-art molds and manufacturing machinery, nothing beats it.
New 15,500 Gallon IMFO (Integrally Molded Flanged Outlet) Tank
One of the newest tanks is the 15,500 gallon IMFO Tank. This IMFO tank is good news for the industry for four reasons:
- Greater chemical compatibility – Our customers prefer cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE) over fiberglass chemical storage tanks, because of the wide range of chemical compatibility that XLPE offers.
- Tank longevity – The 15,500 crosslinked polyethylene IMFO Tank is built for a long lifetime of reliability and usefulness. The diameter-to-height ratio is excellent for rotationally molded tanks. You can store large amounts of fluid without too much head pressure or hoop stress on the tank wall. As with all of our products, our tanks are designed and built to handle most chemical storage needs.
- It’s cost-effective – Upgrading to the 15,500 IMFO Tank allows you to get more product delivered. In some cases, the new tank can hold 3-4 tanker trucks full of chemical depending on what material is being delivered and stored. That means fewer deliveries, and it saves you money.
- It’s robust – To test the strength of our tanks, we performed a series of drop tests on 2,800 gallon tanks. The test tanks were filled with water and raised to a height of 18 feet. We then dropped each tank. A linear polyethylene tank was subjected to the same test. While the linear polyethylene tanks catastrophically failed, the XLPE tanks survived the impact due to the superior strength of material and construction.
In addition, the larger tank diameter allowed us to design the dome so that you can have multiple off-the-shelf fittings installed, if necessary. This introduces a tremendous advantage to your chemical storage options.
In addition to being easier and safer to clean, the 15,500 gallon IMFO tanks are more reliable over time. IMFO tanks offer a low risk of compromise to the structural integrity of the sidewall. The flange is molded as part of the tank and not added on later like some bulkhead fittings or metallic inserts.
We recommend the sloped-bottom IMFO tank for heavier materials such as FOG (fat, oils, and grease) and sludge, and for other full-discharge / drain options. The additional gravity feed allows substances to discharge more easily, making cleaning even simpler because there’s no need for a confined-space entry.
Manifold capabilities are available for the IMFO fitting to give you several useful options off of one fitting, including:
- Isolation Valve or Degassing Valve
- Pressure Test Port
- Pump Outlets
- Pressure Sensor or Transducer connections
- Clean Out Port
Installing a manifold system on the IMFO fitting greatly reduces the number of tank penetrations needed for other fittings. That reduces the potential for leaking fittings.